My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Beeby C in the house

There was a time when the internet held everything I could ever dream of.

Now, I just look at friends' blogs all day, repeatedly pressing the refresh button, in the hope of something happening. I can't admit this though. It'd probably freak them out. Or I press refresh on the bbc website, or look at youtube's most watched videos. All of them, leave me feeling slightly let down. Much like when I go through every freeview channel, and discover that there is nothing on, but that there is also nothing else that I want to do. So I watch music videos. Or put on a Columbo DVD. Similarly, it's the same sensation of walking into a record shop, and realising that I can't think of anything that I want. So I walk around, finger the 'Sale' section, and walk out again.

1 Comments:

Blogger elwheelio said...

I think we all suffer from this; I'm sure things used to be more interesting. I find wondering into music shops and fingering the salesgirl more pleasing (for me). If only there were an infinite number of Columbo episodes, then I would never have to worry. Actually my need for stimulation reached such heights that I've made the time-sapping error of buying Football Manager 2007. It's very hard, Brighton don't have any money, decent players or fans. I wanted escapism not gritty realism. If I'd wanted that I'd have watched the OC.

12:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home