My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

End of third test

My diary was going to tell you about the tragedy of me going for a golden duck to Apil Krumble, my rock steady bowling display, and Duncan Fletcher's rendition of Barbie Girl, but I've just seen the news.

What the fuck are the Israeli military doing this time? Every country deserves the right to hold its own prisoners, and make its own judicial decisions. I would've thought Israel would know this better than most, since they imprison most young Palestinian men at some point in their lives, for 'security' reasons. It is a truly disgusting, symbolic, invasion of the little bit of power that Palestine has within the pissy little borders that Israel pretends to recognise.

And the role of the Britain that I'm representing at Test level is fucking cowardly, pulling out of a premises that they were meant to be protecting. I wouldn't want the army in my corner protecting me. Though there was little they could do, having made the pattern for storming Arab prisons in Basra last year.

Today there was an act of violence, arrogance, stupidity and cowardice that will set a new standard for all the other violent, arrogant, stupid, cowards in the area- and there's a lot of them.

It's just not cricket.

6 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

Now I see why Harmison is always hushed-up at press conferences.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

Ever since that time he mistakenly called the top order batsmen the intifada.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

shit, not he, I mean I.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Edward said...

I think you covered that up 'seamlessly', steve, ahahaha!

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Steve, what you doin hangin around wit that edward said? Come in, it's time for bed.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

Awww...
see you later, edward said.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home