My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Thursday, February 02, 2006

A review

The USA had Vietnam, we had Thalidomide. And now we have something fit to remember it by, Thalidomide! A Musical.

It has a proper good story, is funny, and there's music too. It's slapstick and articulate, well-acted and heart-warming, and way better than that Jerry Springer Musical everyone goes on about. It's on at the perfect venue, where you can comfortably see the expressive faces of Kate Winslet's sister and Matt Fraser, and where Matt Fraser's voice has an intimate punk-charm, rather than a lack of big-stage training.

I'd give it 7 stars, because Time Out's 6 just don't suffice. It warrants Matt Fraser having a Wikipedia entry, if he wants one. And in the words of Anna Winslet's schoolgirl character, it makes me wish I had little arms.

4 Comments:

Blogger Edward said...

Bejesus. You've turned into Kenneth fucking Tynan.

In any case, the Christian Union have free coffee and donuts at LSE, but it's not the same without you Iain :(

4:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bejiggery, begorra, to be sure, to be sure

6:08 AM  
Blogger Edward said...

*faints*

6:24 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

I thought it wous a great show! I went to watch and thought Mat Fraser's songs were cool in it!

I like writing about disability and work for a charity so know about disability rights.

I suppose some people had a critical view over it but my view is different.

Have you ever read Ouch? They have a brilliant view of the musical itself. Love their messageboards too as I'm always writing on it. You'll find me as AbleGirl on it.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home