My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It ain't over til it's over

Facebook. I succumbed to it's flirting. I'm currently dipping my toes into the grand pool that is facebook. And it makes me miss blogger. I liked to write. To post something up, and see what happens. On facebook, someone metaphorically jabs you in the tits (actually, they wittily call it 'nobbing'. Do you want to nob Billy? it says), and says 'alright'. You then reciprocate this sentiment, ad infinitum. It allows us to natter with our mates, in spite of time and space, which is truly wonderous.

But it's not blogger. There's less pontificating and wistfulness. Everything's written in the second person. There's less to hide on facebook. Facebook is a self-proclaimed 'social utility'. But what about alcohol? That's my social utility. What was the matter with that? I've posted one comment on someone's wall, while drunk, and it looks stupid now. How do the socially anxious get into facebook? With difficulty and sobriety, I assume. Oh well.

I still love you, blogger.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like vaginas

4:24 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

Is that because you are a dick?

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home