My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Friday, August 04, 2006

On the wall

Right, The Daily Mirror's really let me down. I started buying it once I started university. I know students are meant to buy The Guardian, but I'd never bought newspapers before, and thought I should start small. That, and I did a sociology degree and there's really no need to read the guradian's pontificating pop-sociology in the comment section, when you've got to fucking listen to Giddensian tripe at school.

So, the Mirror has spent weeks campaigning against the sick war in the Lebanon, running front covers demanding a ceasefire, and an end to all the bloodshed. Today, the day before a demonstration of hundreds of thousands of people will make the same call, in the hope of making a positive difference. Because it is possible, given the timing. And the Daily Mirror doesn't even cover it. The front page is a story about a woman who's won the biggest ever divorce settlement. From a war profiteer. Who did the dirty on her with a younger woman. After his original wife had lived with him at her parents, because he was a peasant back then. This man still has millions. Lebanese and Israelis are still being murdered./ What tosh. bye