My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Friday, August 15, 2008

Put on your reeboks man, and go play fucking tennis

So, there was a student on the ward. They asked who my favourite bands are. I mentioned Black Grape.
"Who?"
"You know, they were formed out of the Happy Mondays."
"Who?"
"You know Shaun Ryder?"
"No."
"Do you know that Gorillaz song, 'dare'. He sings on that."
"I don't know how it goes."
"I'm comin up, i'm comin up, i'm comin up, it's dare"
"No, don't know it."
"Did you watch celebrity brother when Bez won it?"
"Yes."

The other student then went on to say they liked Cast, to try and keep the conversation going. I gave up.

Can I get a witness?

5 Comments:

Blogger Yuki said...

Jesus Christ, Cast? Urgh. Joe should have my number, I think - Let's eat.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Edward said...

At the V98 festival, I witnessed the unfortunate sight of a young man in a home-made Cast t-shirt. Yes, home-made.

1:36 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

oh dear. The Cast student taught me a lesson. I think she took a guess at my age and tried to think of a relevant band. Like if I'd seen someone from the past and said, 'oh yes, Elgar is one of my favourites'. The music I liked is nothing to youths. More Fela Kuti and old school soul is the solution.

3:16 AM  
Blogger elwheelio said...

I met Shaun Ryder in a lift in a hotel in Kings Cross on New Years Eve. He was wearing a breamy Lacoste tracksuit and brown Lacosts loafers. He refused, despite my requests, to twist my melon.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day you will get so old that you will grip on the Cast comment like it was Jesus' chin.

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home