My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Monday, September 10, 2007

Let me put you in the picture, let me show you what I mean

It's been all mad on the Clapton front. Loads of gossip. Turns out a friend of mine, is actually a cunt. Which was a turn-up for the books. And new people have moved in to my gaff, who are not cunts. Anyway, this blog is neither the time nor the place to tell facts about myself. After all, I'm Steve Harmison. And Grievous Bodily Harmison lets his bowling do the talking.

I am blogging for two reasons.
Reason one
Brilliant. Like the chippy near college.

And secondly, I realised that I am bizarrely drawn to all the cards in my wallet, as if they are some kind of symbol of my identity. Not because they have my name on and act as a proof of my identity. But because they are mine. All mine. I have collected these, like Garbage Pail Kids, they represent things I have done and places I have been to. And a nectar card. They are:
Natwest Servicecard 100 - Maestro UK
HSBC Debit Card - Solo
Royal College of Nursing - Membership card
Intelligent Finance - Mastercard
Video Exchange - 66 Stamford Hill
Blockbuster Entertainment - 130 Kingsland High St
Royal College of Nursing - Library card
Nectar Card
Hackney Library card
Unison membership card
Liverpool FC fan card
Oyster Card
Kings College London/NUS card

Oh. I'm less proud of these now I typed them out. Once upon a time, I was proud of my cards. There were lots of old cards, NUS cards, library cards, novelty cards. Then I lost my wallet. So much for them being mine, all mine. Just goes to show that everything's transient.

Anyone else proud of the cards in their wallet? What cards have you got?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think at one point I had library cards for the British Library, Public Record Office, Senate House, Royal Holloway, Cambridge University Library, the Wellcome Collection, Lambeth Palace, Borough of Southwark and maybe others. Plus the video library.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Harry Gregg said...

Great! I love card games but I don't know how you win on this one. Maybe I've got the winning hand.

Tesco Clubcard
Two NatWest visas (one for the internet and one for the internot)
First Direct maestro
Alliance and Leicester Debit (joining got me and a mate £50 each)
BEONE Northern Ireland supporters scheme
Revenue and Customs sports and social club
Victim Support approved visitor
Inland Revenue business card (to remind me of what I was and why I don't want to be that now)

Do I get a prize?

It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. ~William Blake

7:53 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

No prizes.

Victim support must be more fun than Northern Ireland support right now.

2:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home