My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Friday, April 22, 2005

Yummy, yummy, yummy I've got toast in my tummy.

I like good food. I really do. Alas, I never remember it very well, and have a pallette that has taken quite a hammering for one so young. I probably don't taste food as well as other, fatter people, but I still love it. And I eat anything, but remember very little about the specifics of what I've eaten, which often leaves one feeling inadequate when making remarks such as 'Is this one a cashew nut?' or, 'What's that cooking style called, when you put stuff into a hot box with metal coils inside? Y'know, people do it with bread and pop-tarts.'

I also like crap food. Today, I'm eating toast, with processed cheese slices, and some heritage chicken slices, with a bit of green label cutney on. I ate a Burger King the other day, cos I like em. And fried chicken. And 99p Ginos Pepperoni pizza. Had a pot noodle on saturday. All of these foods are great. If I am what I east, then I'm cheap and ready-made. What about everyone else? Does anyone else like crap food, and have particular favourite crap foods. (Staggs chili doesn't count, cos that's haute cuisine)

3 Comments:

Blogger LBH said...

Tesco value ready salted crisps and mango chutney

1:22 PM  
Blogger elwheelio said...

when in california I spent several weeks drinking 'superchoc' (or something equally crapply named) to see, after about the fourth week, that I was not drinking chocolate milk but, 'a product resembling milk'. After reading the ingredients, and regretting the 20 or so litres of the stuff I had consumed that month, I found that 'superchoc' resembled milk in much the same way as I resemble the Notorious B.I.G.

Tinned ham is shit meat, too rough to be considered for spam, but I love it. Sunny D is coma-inducingly unnatural and all the better for it. Caramacs are officially (I have checked) about the worst food for you on the planet but, thanks to a colleague, I am hooked on them. Ingredients include fat, tar and battery acid

10:57 AM  
Blogger Edward said...

I don't eat crap food, but I do have a samey diet: pasta and sauce, jacket potatoes, lots of bread with ham and cheese. I can't remember the last time I ate chips.

When I return to the farm, I eat a meat-based meal every night (usually cow from the farm) with veg from the allotment. You can't get much more organic, without chewing off your own leg.

I eat well now, and drink less, exercise more, feel good. Social life is shit though.

You want to watch that cutney Iain. It'll fuck you up.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home