My Photo
Name:
Location: London, Timor-Leste

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Steve 'Barmy' Harmison's Top Ten Albums

Because El Wheelio has made a ten, I want to make a better ten. I'm like that. That's how I became a Test Cricketer

Black Grape - It's Great When You're Straight.... Yeah
Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Radiohead - The Bends
The Clash - London Calling
Marvin Gaye - By Jove, What's Going On?
Curtis Mayfield - Curtis Live
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions
Arcade Fire - The one I've got
Flaming Lips - Soft Bulletin
Oasis- Definitely Maybe
Extras:
Alabama 3 - Exile on Coldharbour Lane
2 Many Djs - Does it have an album title?
Stone Roses - Stone Roses
Pink Floyd - Wish you were Here

There we go. It's not authoritative. And now I fear I've forgotten someone. Like this time tomorrow, the words "We get it almost every night, while the moon is big and bright" will seep into my cerebral cortex and I'll stand up in the lecture and shout. "Oh shit. I forgot Toploader."

Bye

7 Comments:

Blogger elwheelio said...

What? No Razorlight?

1:20 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

Their shingles are better than their album

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Off the top of my head:

Sufjan Stevens, 'Illinoise';
Rolling Stones, 'Exile on Main Street';
The third Velvet Underground album;
Nick Cave, 'The Boatman's Call';
Mercury Rev, 'Deserters' Songs';
The first Tindersticks album;
The second Band album;
Patti Smith, 'Horses';
Bonnie Prince Billy, 'I See a Darkness';
Love, 'Forever Changes'.

Bubbling under:
Teenage Fanclub, 'Bandwagonesque';
Low, 'Things we Lost in the Fire';
The Smiths, 'The Queen is Dead';
Various Bowie, Dylan and Neil Young, but no one album by any of them.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

You've made these people and albums up. Saying 'the second plonky plink album' doesn't make plonky plink exist. Rolling Stones? Sufjan Stevens is obviously a made up name.

I think your list is vaguely similar to guy's, he loves love, love. You love them too, love. He loves, you love, he loves love.

Or something. Glitter put it far better than me.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

Oh, and by 'Rolling Stones?' I was doubting their existence, rather than doubting the album's brilliance.

1:42 AM  
Blogger elwheelio said...

Forever Changes is indeed on my list Herr Pooperfly and can be seen, along with its 9 friends and 'extras' at http://elwheelio.blogspot.com/
David's list is a fine one (although again, no Razorlight), I love Bonnie Prince Billy and with ihm, more than any one else I've ever seen, my love is in no way based on physical attraction.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Steve Harmison said...

You know, we've been blogging for years, and neither of us seems to have made it into the 'blogosphere'. If blogs were one big party, it's like the two of us have just been chatting rubbish to each other in the kitchen, while everyone else is now having sex in the front room. I don't mind.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home